Gov IT Best practices
Best Practice is a management concept which focuses on best known techniques, methods, processes, etc. as a way of extending those ideas to other departments and even other facilities within an organization, or across multiple organizations.
Best practices can also be defined as the most efficient (least amount of effort) and effective (best results) way of accomplishing a task (at east the best that is known to date) based on proven repeatable procedures.
- Information Assurance is the process of establishing policies to protect and defend information and information systems.
- Certification and Accreditation is a common way of setting minimal requirements for employee training for IT management.
- Information technology governance stresses ways to tie T management of an organization directly to its business focus, using that as a way to assure that investments in IT generate specific business value tied directly to business goals.
Got IT Best practices News
- BuildSecurityIn Articles - events and best practices - Gov IT security
- Legal Services Corporation Updates (Civic legal aid group, sponsored by Congress)
- Latest advice and updates from Government Usability Labs
- Mitigation best practices from FEMA
- Intelligent transportation systems - lessons learned from the Transportation Department's ITs group
- Supply chain best practices - SCMR magazine - mix of gov and commercial practices
- IT-Wireless best practices
- Technology for non-profit organizations: how to do more with less from Wild Apricot
- IT best practices from FierceCIO
- ASP.net best practices from Donny Mack
- Microsoft development - recommended practices